The Patrimony and Site Information Section is responsible for the:
- Topographical Surveying of CERN sites and installations (buildings, roads, distribution networks, parks,...) in its surface and underground.
- Update and maintenance of CERN GIS (Geographical Information System) which is the representation of the set of installations existing in the different sites of CERN.
- Update of buildings maps by floor with a classification of the existing rooms.
- Production and diffusion of two different types of maps: set of sites or buried networks.
- Classification of new CERN constructions (buildings, barracks, ...) and update and maintenance of the Patrimony (GEOSIP) Data Base.
Archiving maps of CERN constructions independently to have been carried through internally or coming from outside production (contractor, engineering and design department, ...).