The mission of the Locks and Keys Service:
- manage and ensure the follow-up of the CERN locking plans;
- distribute KABA keys to the users and recover them in case of needs;
- distribute and install KABA cylinders on the whole of the enclosed Site of CERN;
- manage electronic locks access request and installation request.
2. CONTACT AND OPENING HOURS
All relevant information for the Locks and Keys Service are available in the Service Portal:
Locks and Keys (Service Portal)
In the event of the loss or theft of a key or a broken lock, the Locks and Keys Service is currently unable to provide replacements.
If you need to access to items locked inside the furniture, it is possible to force it open in which case please submit the following request:
This may however make it unrepairable.
NOTE: the user of a furniture's keys doesn't have to make any declaration in case of loss/stolen furniture key to the Locks and Keys Service.
4. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Mission of the Locks and Keys Departmental Correspondent: Each Department has a Departmental Correspondent who is the privileged interlocutor for the Department's members, in which concern's the key's request form. He has the responsibility to make key request for the personnel of his Department.|