The Shipping Request form offers four options according to the user's requirements:
1. I do not require transport services
- NEITHER internal, NOR external transport
- Proforma invoice or Shipping document (request through the Service Portal) supplied by the Shipping Service (bldg 73-1-013)
In this case, CERN will *NEITHER* collect the equipment *NOR* handle the outside transport, which is organised and paid for by the recipient or a third party. It is nonetheless necessary to obtain from the Shipping Service (bldg 73-1-013) a pro forma invoice (request through the Service Portal) to accompany the item.
2. I require external transport services only
- NO internal transport in this case
- Internal transport at CERN carried out by yourselves
- Departure from the Goods reception (bldg 904 or 194) to its destination situated outside CERN
- Or the material loaded directly onto the outside firm's vehicle at its place of storage within CERN (large quantities or dimensions)
In this case, the item is either loaded directly onto the outside firm's vehicle at its place of storage within CERN (large quantities or dimensions) or the user may wish to bring it to the Goods reception (bldg. 194 on the Meyrin site, or bldg. 904 on the Prévessin site) himself for an urgent despatch. In either case, the user is kindly requested to print a copy of the EDH Shipping Request, approved by his supervisor, and leave it with his package at the Goods Reception. The Shipping Service organises the transport from CERN.
3. I require internal transport services only
- Item collected by internal transport service at CERN and carried to the Goods Reception (bldg 904 Prévessin or 194 Meyrin)
- NO external transport organised by the Shipping Service
- External transport organised and taken in charge by the consignee (recipient)
In this case, the CERN transport service collects the item from the location indicated, but the outside transport (shipping/export) thereafter is organised by the recipient or by other means.
**PLEASE NOTE** If no outside transport service is required it is not necessary to complete a "Shipping Request/Demande d'expédition" but an "Internal Transport Request/Demande de transport Interne" on EDH.
4. I require both internal and external transport services
- The internal transport is organised from Shipping service to the Goods Reception (bldg 904 Prévessin or 194 Meyrin)
- External transport organised by the Shipping Service
In this case, as the request implies, the item is collected by the CERN transport service from the location indicated on the Shipping Request, in accordance with all the information supplied relating to the item (already packaged or requiring packaging, dimensions, weight, number of packages, etc.). The Shipping Service organises the transport from CERN once the information supplied has been confirmed by the Transport Service.
If NO external transport is involved, you must not fill any Shipping Request, but an Internal Transport Request instead.