The mandate of the Green Spaces & Biodiversity Service is to provide a range of services that contribute to a better CERN campus:
- Improving the environment of CERN and the site's biodiversity
- Preserving and enhancing CERN's natural, agricultural and forestry areas
- Developing and maintaining green, multifunctional infrastructure for integration and promotion of biodiversity, adapting to CERN's site development context.
Its activities include:
- Maintenance of green spaces on fenced sites (100 Ha), cleaning of roads (50Ha), and fences (22 km)
- Management of CERN woods and forests (136 Ha)
- Maintenance of the banks of the waterways on the CERN territory
- Management, conservation and improvement of flora, fauna and the natural heritage of CERN
- Management of agricultural plots leased to farmers (258 Ha)
- Integration of green spaces and biodiversity into civil engineering development projects and soft mobility initiatives.
Contact: Mathieu Fontaine email@example.com